My Account

Please login to see your account details

My Cart (0) Items
Cart total: £0.00
Standard delivery only £14.99 on all orders*
Bulk Discounts
Need some help? call us on 01282 839704 Open 8am - 5pm - Mon - Fri

3% Saving when buying 3 tonnes or more

5% Saving when buying 5 tonnes or more

10% Saving when buying 7 tonnes or more

Home > Blog

Bark Mulch Suppliers - A gardeners guide to bark!

Quick Look:

Bark mulch can be very beneficial to your plants and garden and also a much needed product in your garden or landscape. Using mulch around your plants will help to retain moisture in the soil and keep your plants well-watered! Bark mulch can be used around your flowers, trees or in your vegetable garden. If you don't get much rain in your neck of the woods or you don't get to water your plants as often as you would like, bark mulch can be a real plant saver. read more...

Our price £0.00
All prices includes VAT
Bulk discounts are available as below £0.00

Our bulk prices depend on the quantity you require, to get a quote call the office on 01282 839 704 or simply click the request a price button below and fill in our short quote form.

Our price POA

Our digger hire is aviaiable 7 days a week, to order your diggger call the office on 01282 839 704 or simply click the request digger hire button below and fill in our short form.

Our price See pricing table
Check we deliver to your area here!
Product Reviews
Delivery Standard Delivery only £14.99 delivered to your door

Also available in these bag sizes...

Customer reviews

Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!

Product Description

Why use bark mulch

Bark mulch can be very beneficial to your plants and garden and also a much needed product in your garden or landscape. Using mulch around your plants will help to retain moisture in the soil and keep your plants well-watered! Bark mulch can be used around your flowers, trees or in your vegetable garden. If you don't get much rain in your neck of the woods or you don't get to water your plants as often as you would like, bark mulch can be a real plant saver.

It also makes for a more attractive landscape, while keeping the weeds at bay. Bark mulch is long-lasting, gardeners usually prefer this type of mulch for plants or trees that will be around for many years. An added benefit to mulching is that, as the mulch breaks down and deteriorates, it will add nutrients to your soil.

Bark mulch is the result of scraping the outer layer off of different trees, must be at least 85 percent bark of the tree. With plain wood mulch, only 70 percent of the material can be tree bark, and that 70 percent may contain either bark or wood. The remaining 15 or 30 percent is filler.

Two to three inches of bark mulch around each plant, each spring should be sufficient, removing old layers of mulch before you add new layers would show best results. For trees, make a circle of mulch of two to four feet around the bottom of the tree, depending on the size of the tree.

Bark is supplied in large manageable packs for tidying up during spring or if you require a large quantity of bark to titivate your gardens and plants we supply in large bulk bags approximately a cubic metre or large bulk loose loads.

Greenvale Products Ltd Bulk Orders Fill out the form below for a bulk quote. (Required *)
Greenvale Products Ltd Digger Hire Fill out the form below for digger hire.
Secure Online Payments Our servers are 100% secure so shop with confidence.
back to top