Transform your garden into a thoroughly contemporary landscape with our high quality grey slate chippings, with their blue grey hues offering a stunning contrast to plants, flowers and green lawn. Flat and angular, grey slate chippings provide a robust and stable walking or driving surface, albeit they will break down a little in high traffic areas due to the brittle nature of slate aggregate. Their flattened form is an advantage though, as they overlay when laid and prevent UV light from reaching the sub-base below, preventing weeds from establishing. Water is still able to flow freely however, and so drainage properties are excellent with pooling or puddling not likely to be an issue. When weed control fabric is laid underneath the slate weeds are given little to no chance, so you have a maintenance-free surface that will look at its best throughout the year. Slate is arguably even more attractive in poor weather as when wet, the light grey slate transforms, with richer, shiny blue grey tones perfectly setting off your planting. A pH neutral product, our grey slate is safe for aquatic life provided the chippings have been washed thoroughly before being used, so can be used to dress water features or even as an attractive pond substrate (particularly when used in conjunction with large slate paddlestones).
Our grey garden slate chippings are a natural quarried product and therefore the colour may vary slightly, with some light grey, blue and even purple chippings mixed in. But it’s the variation in colour and form that makes our grey slate chippings interesting when used in the context of a garden or other outdoor space.
- Colour-fast medium grey and light grey tones that deepen and become vibrant when wet.
- Great all-rounder that has a variety of uses, including on garden paths, driveways, borders and flowerbeds.
- Can even be used a pot dressing or topping material for plants in large containers, protecting roots whilst discouraging weeds.
- Sits flat and offers a stable walking and driving surface.
- Overlapping chippings prevent UV light from reaching soil sub-base, slowing weed growth and improving water retention.
- pH neutral so can be used to dress water features or as an attractive pond substrate.
- Safe for aquatic life once thoroughly washed.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.