Our purple slate or plum slate chippings can be a stunning addition to any outdoor space, from flowerbeds and borders to garden paths and driveways. They can even be used as a topping material in large pots and plants, discouraging weed growth while promoting moisture retention as they’ll prevent sunlight drying the soil. Stunning purple and plum hues provide the perfect contrast to lawns and plants, while also complimenting many house building materials such as red brick, York stone and millstone grit. Because they lay flat they make for a stable walking surface and can also be used on drives, although gravel may be a preferable option for high traffic areas as slate can break down over time when driven on frequently. pH neutral, our plum slate chippings are safe to be used around fish, can be used as a substrate in ponds and are ideal for decorating around water features. The purple hues are also transformed when wet, becoming bolder and more striking.
Please do bear in mind that this is a natural product so variation in colour and form may occur, and in fact this makes the aggregate more unique as the odd blue or grey chipping can add interest to your garden.
- Beautiful, colour-fast purple and plum hues.
- Can be put to a variety of uses, from driveways and paths to flowerbeds and borders.
- Requires no maintenance and is hard-wearing – beats mowing, trimming and watering!
- Sits flat and so provides a stable surface for walking and driving on.
- Use as an stunning pot topping for your larger potted plants. This will prevent UV light from reaching soil, reducing weed growth and the evaporation of water.
- pH neutral so can be used as a substrate in ponds or in and around water features.
- Fish safe provided it’s washed thoroughly before use.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if you need loose load delivery.