Our compost is peat free, which offers more nutrients than peaty compost and releases them slowly, encouraging plant growth over a lengthier period of time without requiring you to supplement the growing medium. Peat free compost is also effective in maintaining neutral pH – the ideal soil conditions for most plants – and has superior drainage and moisture retention properties, ensuring that your garden can thrive even during the hottest months of the year. While already offering excellent drainage, if you have waterlogged areas in your garden or other outdoor space, adding some grit sand or sharp sand to the compost mix will allow the growing medium to drain freely, preventing pooling and puddling. This is essential to ensure that the roots of plants don’t rot during wet weather, and a well-balanced compost and sand mixture will offer the perfect compromise between moisture retention and drainage.
While peaty composts are usually only recommended for use with certain species of plants, our peat free compost is a great all-rounder, ideal for use around the garden and any outdoor space. It can also be used as a mulch to protect plant roots from harsh weather conditions, preventing them from being damaged by frost, and makes for the perfect nutrient-rich potting mix when equal parts compost and garden soil are combined.
In addition to the many qualities offered by peat free compost, it’s a natural, eco-friendly product due to its production not relying on the removal of peat bogs, which can result in damage to wildlife habitats. So you can have our compost delivered and feel reassured you’re helping the environment while breathing new life into your own garden.
Our peat free compost bulk bags cover approximately 10m2 at 5cm deep.
- Nutrient-rich, perfect for encouraging vigorous plant growth.
- Improves water retention in the hotter months, releasing moisture to plants slowly and reducing the need to water.
- Great all-rounder and extremely versatile: add to existing soil, create nutrient-rich potting mixes or use as mulch to protect plants.
- Eco-friendly option compared to peaty composts that can result in habitat destruction.
- Bulk bag (750ltr cube bag) covers 10m2 area at 5cm deep.
- pH neutral (6.5-7.5) which suits most plant types.
- Excellent drainage properties particularly when mixed with sharp sand or grit.
- Mixing our peat free compost with your existing soil will improve soil structure and help your garden thrive.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.