Concrete ballast is a key component in the production of a strong, stable concrete, in addition to water and cement. A mix of gravel, small pebbles and coarse sand, concrete ballast is the primary ingredient in concrete but the ratio of ingredients depends on how you intend to use the product. A one part cement, six parts pre-mixed ballast mix would be suited to laying a sub-base for a patio or driveway, but if you’re preparing footings for a small building it would be necessary to increase the amount of ballast to eight parts.
Our bulk bags of pre-mixed ballast for concrete just require the addition of water, cement and any other admixture required to enhance the concrete for your chosen application. Pre-mixed concrete ballast is a convenient solution because you don’t need to source pebbles, gravel and sharp sand separately.
- Pre-mixed ballast featuring gravel, pebbles and sand.
- Simply add water, cement and additives or admixture if you require them.
- Robust, coarse aggregate that’s perfect for the footings of small buildings and walls.
- Versatile – our ballast can also be used as low-void filler in hard landscaping or construction projects.
- All material sourced locally.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.