This is a light grey stone of angular appearance that can be used in much the same way as the 20mm limestone aggregate we offer. Where the 40mm limestone differs is that the larger diameter of the stone, alongside its angular shape, ensure water can flow even more freely when compared to 20mm stone. This makes it ideal for use in a soak-away or wherever drainage is an important factor. The larger stones also offer aesthetic qualities that may be more appropriate in certain contexts.
- Affordable but nonetheless provides a clean finish suitable for both modern and more traditional architectural styles.
- Drains more freely compared to 10mm or 20mm stone.
- Still works to prevent weed germination but not quite as effective as smaller diameter stone at blocking UV light.
- Alkaline so not considered safe for fish or other aquatic life.
- Limestone should also not be used to dress borders, flowerbeds or anywhere else you have plants that favour non-alkaline conditions.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.