Ruby Turf consists of chewings fescue, strong creeping red fescue and slender creeping red fescue – the perfect blend of grasses to provide a stunning, hardwearing lawn that can thrive in Lancashire’s cooler climate. Fine in texture and evergreen throughout the year when watered consistently, our Ruby turf is also tolerant of shade and as a showcase lawn will maintain these properties even during the colder months. It’s also relatively drought tolerant so can cope well with dry stretches during the warmer seasons, and is hardy enough to endure frost without significant die-back. Despite being finer than some other turfs, it’s still hardwearing and durable underfoot, so will prove suitable for use in a domestic context. If you have a young family and your lawn needs to be able to handle heavy footfall, our Emerald turf may be preferable as it’s a little more robust. However, Ruby turf is a great all-rounder and can be used in a variety of domestic and commercial landscaping projects to good effect. It’s also low maintenance as the grass species in this blend are neither invasive or aggressive, so your lawn will benefit from being left to grow to around 5cm before mowing. In fact, mowing too frequently or going too low with the mower and scalping the lawn could weaken the grass, resulting in pale leaves and grass that’s prone to disease.
- Versatile blend of perennial chewings fescue, strong creeping red fescue and slender creeping red fescue.
- Evergreen throughout the seasons when maintained correctly.
- Hardy species that are drought, shade and frost tolerant.
- A dense, fine-texture tufted grass that nevertheless is robust enough to handle moderate footfall while looking at its best.
- Combination of creeping and non-creeping rhizomes provides excellent soil stabilisation.
- Low maintenance – non-invasive and doesn’t grow too aggressively so no need to mow frequently.
- Perennial grasses that readily adapt to many circumstances and will still thrive.
- Grown locally so eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if you’re turfing a very large area, as savings may be available.