Our topsoil for borders is a fine, friable blend of 40% sandy soil and 60% organic compost. This high quality mix offers excellent water drainage, preventing the pooling and puddling that encourages disease and rots plant roots. Free-draining soil also lessens the risk of surface run-off, reduces soil erosion and helps prevent plant roots from being exposed to the elements. However, the added peat-free compost does allow our beds and borders topsoil to retain sufficient water to support plant vigorous growth, and when added to existing soil can help neutralise pH levels. Flowerbeds, borders and vegetable patches will typically thrive in these conditions, so this is an ideal medium to add to existing soil that would benefit from improvement to its structure and the addition of nutrient-rich organic matter.
Top tip: Always remember to lay a weed membrane prior to adding border soil, as this will be effective in preventing UV light from reaching the growing medium and will suppress the growth of weeds.
- Optimal mix of 60% organic compost and 40% sandy soil.
- Neutralises pH levels of existing soil to help with absorption of vital nutrients.
- Our beds and borders topsoil has excellent water drainage properties.
- Perfect for use across a whole range of gardening projects.
- Ideal for beds, borders, vegetable patches and even pots.
- Reduces soil erosion and the risk of disease spreading to your plants.
- Retain water to help promote healthy growth.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.