Our pre-turf top soil tonne bags contain a blend of compost and sand, with the addition of organic pre-turfing conditioner that releases important nutrients any newly laid lawn needs to ensure healthy development and vigorous growth. Your existing soil sub-base will have lost much of its nutrient content over time, so it’s necessary for pre-surfing soil to be introduced to the surface prior to laying lawn turf. The structure of pre-turfing soil is also beneficial as it drains freely and will help roots find water, making sure you achieve the best growing results. The nutrient-rich fertiliser is designed to aid lawn development for up to four months, giving your lawn the best possible start in life. The sandy component of our soil offers excellent drainage, preventing water from puddling and lawns becoming boggy, whilst the peat-free compost helps to retain a sufficient amount of moisture over the summer months to ensure your grass remains healthy and a vibrant green.
Our pre-turfing soil is friable and crumbly, which makes it perfect for raking to a consistently level finish. You can also mix it with additional compost and introduce it to borders or flowerbeds, as it is nutrient-rich and the soil structure will aid the formation of plant roots, making it the ideal growing medium for a variety of plants.
- Compost and sand-based pre-turfing top soil.
- Contains an organic pre-turf conditioner that slowly releases key nutrients over several months.
- A necessary addition to your soil sub-base prior to laying new lawn turf, as it offers all the properties turf requires to get established.
- Friable, crumbly consistency so raking it to a consistently level finish is easy.
- Free draining to prevent a boggy lawn and reduce the risk of disease.
- Provides the perfect conditions to encourage vigorous growth.
- Offers nourishment to the lawn grass for up to four months.
- Can be used for planting beds and borders as well as a lawn sub-base.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.
We also sell turf
Looking for high quality, versatile lawn turf? We offer two different blends of hardwearing turf, both designed to tolerate difficult conditions and robust enough to recover from heavy footfall.