Top dressing lawn soil is applied to existing lawns in order to introduce nutrients and aid the growth of established grass, or to encourage the germination of new seed. Suitable for domestic lawns, sports fields and any other grassy area that would benefit from being in good condition, top dressing soil helps to break down the thatch layer and will improve drainage while enhancing the overall condition of your turf. It can also be used to fill in any minor dips or hollows in your lawn, allowing you to level the surface. This helps with lawn maintenance as mowing an undulating surface can be difficult, and will improve the aesthetic as your pristine lawn becomes the focal point of your garden.
Normally applied in spring and/or autumn, our lawn top soil is a perfectly balanced mixture of 70% free-draining sand and 30% nutrient-rich, loamy soil. Once you’ve brushed the top dress soil into the surface of your lawn – ensuring even distribution – continue to maintain your lawn as usual and you’ll begin to see marked improvement in the turf’s condition.
A tonne bag of our top dressing soil will cover 100-200m2 of lawn depending on the condition of the turf. Poor turf will require more help and therefore more material, and if the lawn has many dips or hollows this will also necessitate the use of more soil in order to achieve a level surface.
- Premixed 70/30 mix of sand and loamy soil, ideal for rejuvenating a tired lawn.
- Stimulates growth of existing grass in order to thicken your lawn.
- Ideal to encourage germination of new seed following overseeding.
- Breaks down your turf’s thatch layer.
- Improve drainage thanks to the addition of free-draining sand.
- Can be used to level dips and hollows in your lawn.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.
We sell turf
We offer two versatile blends of high quality lawn turf, each designed to thrive all year round in weather conditions typical to the British Isles, and hardwearing enough to survive heavy footfall.