Our equestrian sand consists of a quartz of crystalline silica, making it the best sand for a horse arena, lunge pen or rolling pit. The sub-rounded particles have been smoothed over many years and as they’re non-abrasive, they won’t irritate the eyes of horses or other animals. Offering a soft but stable surface, our horse arena sand has the appropriate level of compaction to cushion impact while providing support to the hoof. It’s also low maintenance and only requires new material adding now again, either due to wind erosion or when the sand is beginning to look a little tired due to heavy use. A free-draining material, our equestrian sand will take on a little moisture but won’t become waterlogged, which will allow you to train your horses almost all year round. If you’re preparing a surface for a jumping arena it’s also possible to introduce rubber or fibre to the sand in order to provide a more cushioned, springy surface. Rubber crumb is preferable as wood and other organic fibres tend to break down gradually, offering less durability and therefore requiring replenishment. Rubber also contributes to the insulation properties of the surface and can reduce the likelihood that your arena or pen will freeze.
Equestrian arenas typically require sand laid to a depth of 100mm – 130mm.
- High quality silica sand featuring sub-rounded particles that are non-abrasive.
- Can be used in rolling pits and lunge pens as well as arenas and training areas.
- The appropriate consistency to avoid injuries caused by an unduly ‘deep’ ride.
- Offers excellent drainage properties to prevent waterlogging.
- Add rubber crumb or fibre to use in a jumping arena that requires a more cushioned, springy surface.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.