Use our popular 20mm black basalt gravel to transform your garden or other outdoor space. An attractive dark grey when dry, this product turns a dynamic shiny black when wet and offers a stunning contrast to your lawn grass, planting and colourful blossoms. Black garden gravel – sometimes known as black granite gravel – is often used as a landscaping aggregate to compliment modern architecture due to the clean finish that it offers. It can also suit more traditional properties and looks particularly striking when contrasted with red brick. As hard-wearing as it is aesthetically pleasing, this product is suitable for use throughout the garden or to surface a black gravel driveway. Stable underfoot due to the angular nature of the black gravel stones, you’ll find that cars and pedestrian footfall won’t create as much mess as some of the more rounded gravels. Basalt stone is also an inert material that can be used as a flowerbed or border topping material without risk of damaging plants. This also means that it’s safe for aquatic life once washed clean of any contaminants, and can be used in and around water features.
20mm black basalt gravel is a naturally quarried material that is dark grey when dry, deep black when wet and may vary in colour and size. Our bulk bags consist of individual stones from 10mm to 20mm in size as a result of the mechanical screening process we use.
- Attractive dark grey hues when dry, shiny black finish when wet to contrast with your lawn and other planting.
- The neutral grey/black hues make this a versatile product that compliments a wide range of architectural styles.
- Consists of angular stones that interlock and offer a stable driving and walking surface.
- Hard-wearing and suited to use on driveways and high traffic paths.
- Resistant to puddling and pooling due to its drainage properties.
- Will suppress weeds by preventing UV light from reaching the sub-base or growing medium below.
- Black basalt gravel is inert and as such can be used as a topping material or pond substrate once cleaned thoroughly to remove contaminants.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.