A medium-sized aggregate in subtle hues of brown, beige and blue grey, our Lancashire river gravel will provide the perfect contrast to your garden planting. Use throughout the garden to dress flowerbeds, borders, pots and around trees, or lay on paths and driveways for a stylish finish to compliment any architectural style. As this decorative river gravel features rounded and angular stones that interlock, it offers a hardwearing and stable surface for walking and driving. Averaging 20mm in size, the stones are generally too large to get stuck in the treads on tyres or shoes, and likewise aren’t inviting to cats who prefer a smaller material in lieu of their litter tray. As you’d imagine of a river gravel, it’s safe for aquatic life when washed to remove contaminants and gravel dust and can be used as a pond substrate or to dress water features. When used in conjunction with weed control fabric it is effective in blocking UV light and preventing the growth of weeds, but offers excellent drainage to allow water to reach plant roots.
Our Lancashire river gravel bulk bags consist of pebbles 10mm – 20mm in size due to the mechanical screen allowing some smaller pebbles to sneak through. A natural, quarried products, some variation in colour and form is typical so please do ask for a sample if you need to match with existing aggregate.
- Soft brown, cream and blue grey tones that compliment many types of garden and architectural style.
- Ideal for use on driveways and paths due to the irregular forms of the pebbles and their relatively small size, ensuring a soft aesthetic.
- Use to dress flowerbeds, borders or even as pot topping material to suppress weed growth.
- Lay on top of a growing medium to slow evaporation and help with moisture retention.
- A great all-round, natural product that can be put to use throughout the garden.
- pH neutral and therefore safe for aquatic life once washed.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.