Greenvale’s Staffordshire pink gravel consists of a mix of round and angular quartzite stone in colourful pinks, creams and greys. This gravel is perfect for use on driveway surfaces as the larger aggregate size is less likely to get stuck in tyre treads and can withstand the weight of vehicles better than some other materials. Larger stones will also discourage neighbourhood cats from mistaking your gravel for their litter tray. Staffordshire pink stone makes for a hardwearing and sturdy surface underfoot due to the rounded and slightly angular stones being able to interlock, which also reduces maintenance as the aggregate won’t move around too much or create mess. A versatile material, it can be used to dress beds, borders and pots, allowing water to reach plant roots while preventing sunlight reaching the growing medium and therefore supressing the growth of weeds. It can be used even more effectively as a dressing material where weed control fabric is laid underneath, ensuring you can enjoy your low maintenance garden instead of spending all your waking hours uprooting weeds and unwanted grass. Staffordshire pink stone is pH neutral and once thoroughly washed to remove any dust or other contaminants it can be used as a substrate in ponds that aquatic life. The colour of the stones deepens when wet so this gravel can make a stunning addition to any water feature.
Our gravels are natural quarried products and therefore colour and size will vary, so please do ask for a sample if you need to match to an existing gravel. Size will normally range from 10mm to 20mm as the mechanical screen does allow the odd smaller stone to sneak through.
- A stunning mix of colourful pinks, whites and greys.
- Able to compliment all types of modern and traditional architecture.
- A versatile product ideal for use as a dressing material on or around borders, flowerbeds, rockeries and water features.
- Mixture of rounded and angular stones that can interlock, therefore forming a robust, level surface for driveways or garden path.
- Offers security and peace of mind thanks to the noise that’s made when the aggregate is walked or driven upon.
- Will prevent UV light from reaching the soil, suppressing weeds while improving aiding drainage and moisture retention.
- Safe for fish and other aquatic life.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable.
- Please contact us if loose load delivery is required.